The American Legion, Department of Indiana is proud to announce the launch of the Department of Indiana VanHooks Scholarship, a remarkable opportunity for the most exemplary JROTC Cadet of the Year. This scholarship aims to recognize and reward the dedication, leadership, and commitment of exceptional high school students enrolled in JROTC programs across Indiana.
To be considered for the Department of Indiana VanHooks Scholarship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an active member of a JROTC unit in an approved Indiana high school.
- Only one student from each high school JROTC unit will be accepted as a nominee.
- The selection of the cadet for the scholarship will be the responsibility of the Senior Military Instructor of the respective JROTC unit.
Applicants must submit a comprehensive application package that includes the following components:
1. Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from the Commanding Officer of the JROTC unit endorsing the nominee's selection for the scholarship. This letter should be further endorsed by the District Commander.
2. Cadet's Military Record: A computer-generated copy of the cadet's military record, encompassing details such as ranks attained, positions held, awards received, and participation in significant events.
3. Typed Submissions: All application materials must be typed. Interested candidates can download the application form from the official Indiana Legion website at [www.indianalegion.org/jrotc](www.indianalegion.org/jrotc).
All completed application packages must be received by the Department no later than December 1st of the current school year.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their completed application packages to the following address:
The American Legion, Department of Indiana
5440 Herbert Lord Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216
For Further Information:
For inquiries and additional information, please contact the Department of Indiana Programs Director at 317-630-1300 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.