On Sunday, September 10, the American Legion, Department of Indiana is celebrating "Legion Day" at the department headquarters (5440 Herbert Lord Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216).
Legion Day will include a membership turn-in, games for all ages, chili cook-off and bake sale to benefit iVETS, Patriot Day observation, and the Department Service Office will be on-hand for VA claims and benefits guidance.
Additionally, the Indiana Legion recently partnered with Teamsters 135 to fill a 53’ trailer with supplies here at Department Headquarters to be expedited to where the need is greatest as the situation with Hurricanes Harvey and Irma develop. This will allow the Indiana Legion to take a proactive approach in providing aid to those who need it most over the next few weeks!
The trailer is in the Headquarters lot now. Staff is on-hand 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M – F, and on Sunday, September 10 from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. for Legion Day. The goal is to send the trailer to where it’s needed most on Wednesday, September 13. At this current date, that place is Houston Post 490, however this is subject to change as we watch Hurricane Irma head toward the continental U.S.
Please encourage those in your areas to donate the following items:
• Bottled water, Non-perishable and packaged food items
• Feminine hygiene products, Adult incontinence products
• Baby diapers and formula
• Face masks, plastic and leather gloves
• Personal care items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, towelettes and baby wipes)
• Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates)
• First aid supplies and batteries (AA, AAA, 9V, C, D), Bug spray, Hand sanitizer
Together, we change lives for Veterans, their families and their communities.
Tell us Your Story